Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The greatest gift in the whole round wold!

A few weeks ago I was invited to a "favorite things party" by ChelsI. We got there (haley and i) super happy and excited, there was food, and drinks, and people and fun. the party started and how joyous it was. we were each supposed to bring 4 of our favorite things, then we wrote our name on 4 pieces of paper. we went around and everyone took 4 names out of the bowl, those 4 people got your "favorite thing" well it started off swell. with laughter and happiness. there was body wash, caramels, lipgloss, scenties, books, and gift cards. most of the gift cards were practical. others...well.. were hand made on fibery construction paper, written in marker and then laminated. these 4 gift cards said the following. " good for two home made oven pads, please redeem within the fallowing weeks" as we were getting closer to the end of the circle, i was praying that my name would not get picked for those hot pads, but with my luck my name was called and i went and retrieved my gift card. the next day or so we went to visit chelsi, and i made a loud sarcastic remark about having my gift card for my oven pads. turns out that lady was at the desk right behind me. i was so embarrassed and shocked and scared that she heard me, but i decided to play it out cool and pretend as though those words had not been uttered.
I mysteriously lost this gift card, somewhere. and sadly i did not get a picture of its beauty and marvle. you would've laughed exuberantly (sp.?) but today, about 3 weeks later i came to work and found hot pads stalking me. i was frightened to say the least. here are the pictures of the new member of the household.





3 comments:

Marissa, Taylor and Baby said...

Ha! You know you love them, I'm going to laugh really really really hard when that lady somehow finds your blog and reads it. Those are some hefty hotpads though, I'm sitting here feeling their texture and i'm amazed. I would definitely not get rid of those anytime soon.

Unknown said...

Kels, you look hot none the less!

Lauren said...

you'll appreciate them when your married!!! ha ha you can never have enough hot pads!