Friday, October 17, 2008

Oh my goodness......Institute





I have shown you three images, these three images have absolutly nothing in common, but somehow, everything in common. This brings me to my story...

OK, so I have been signed up for institute at Weber State, for I don't know how long. Well i finally got time to go. Let me tell you a little something, OK so I signed up a little late in the semester for the class, and I was looking through all of them and they all looked good and all, but one really caught my attention. Preparing for and Eternal Marraige. I know what your all thinking, "kelsie is retarded and is taking a class for couples preparing to get married, wait a minute, is kelsie engaged?" Well guys I thought I would tell you before the grandmothers did.

I"M ENGAGED!!!!!!!

yeah in my dreams.......nope, you guys were right, it is a class full of engaged people Preparing for an Eternal Marraige. Whoops, yeah, uh nobody told me this class was for the Engaged People. And me being, not so smart, didn't really link anything together. But the story get's better.

So i park at Grandpa Speechly's humble abode. I call my dad for directions. As I am standing at the corner of Tyler and 36th, my dad starts giving me directions, and i swear this is what he said. " ok now your at the corner, you can either turn left towards the mountain, or right towards Harrison. If you go right it will take a little longer to get there, so I suggest going left. Your going to turn left and head up the street, a couple of houses, when you get to the next road to turn right, turn and you'll be on campus." So i followed these directions as i heard them, and ended up walking up Mount Everest. The hill was so bloody steep ( actually i may be exaggerating) and after walking about a block, rather then a couple of houses, i arrive at a road that turns right, but now i am lost, Yippy Kiyay! I have absolutly no idea where I am , I don't know whether to keep going toward the summit, or head back down to a normal oxygen level. Well i was about to pass out, so i headed down, I finally found it! I walk in, head for class (about 15 min late from the stupid unecessary walk) and sit down. I look to my left, look to my right, then look to my left again. Something seems very odd to me. I felt like i shouldnt be there, like i was the fork, and everyone else was the knife and spoon. If you didn't understand that analogy, let me explain. All the desks were pushed together, boy/girl, holding hands. Then there was me, in the center of the class room, sitting by myself, feelling oh so pathetic. So seeing as how it's halfway throught the semester, i am gonna go by a fat chunk of cubic zerconia and slap it on my ring finger, and claim that my fiance is in Japan until further notice.

oh my goodness.......institute.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Kels, that was FAB!!!! loved it. your a great writer. I wish you would right a post every day, just for my enjoyment. that would be great.

love you

let me know the rest of the story. do you go back? get a ring?

The Bruces said...

LOL oh that made me laugh oh so hard... Classic!
Maybe you should borrow my new ring... It is huge and you know it will get noticed, plus they will never know it is a fake 10$ target special... :)

Lauren said...

ha ha I took that class too... and everyone every week good news I got engaged over the weekend.. I was waiting for my moment to shine!! lol... it came a year later... not in that class so therefore I was a loser in preparing for eternal marriage! but all together I loved the class I learned a lot!