Monday, October 26, 2009

The Singles Ward

TheSinglesWard.jpg

I've transfered.
I've had a fear of going for quite a while. I was supposed to go after I graduated like all the good little kids, but I didn't. 2008 didn't seem like a good year to attend a ward full of desperate people wanting to get married. So i just continued to put it off.
But now that all my friends graduated this year (yes i'm a loser) i've decided to go with them so that I can find My Eternal Soul Mate. Bahahaha. let's not.
anywhoodle.
I went to the campus one. uhhh no BUENO. little jerks. it's called saying hi.

So I became inactive from the singles ward. I attended the Home ward. oh how lovely. My Home ward is just wonderful. but it wasn't doing anything for me socially. probably because there were small children and old farts.
So then my BFF Alisha was like "hey, come to the stake singles ward with me"
uh no thanks
"no come"
uh no thanks
"please"
ok

so I went and had a magical time, needless to say. The singles ward is rocking. Even though I am socially handicap, I will magically make it work.
oh and we have FHE tonight. wonderful.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

I met my hubby at the singles ward.. sparks flew i tell ya! YSA YSA YSA love it! i miss it too =-(

Anonymous said...

That gives me hope! Hahaha

Amy said...

I hated singles wards. I really had a hard time with guys hoping to sit by you without even asking your name. Seriously I am a person, with a name, not meat! So, needless to say I had a bad experience. Never went back! I hope it continues being a good experience for you good luck!

Natalie said...

ohhh singles wards.

lolz.

have fun with that one :-P

luckily, my ward is THE BEST. it gets better. it's super awkward/lame at first, but you get acquainted (eventually) and life is dandy-fine.

besides, if anything, use the incentive equation as follows:

YSA activities + treats = always

that's what's kept ME around for so long. i kid you not.