Monday, March 22, 2010

Scars

Footprints in the Sand
One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.
This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.
So I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"
The Lord replied,
"The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you."

Kidney transplant '04
Catheter for Dialysis. First one got infected, replaced with a second one right next to it.


Three stitches when I was three years old. Running with a razor blade

Temporary catheter

Sometimes I get sick of being sick.
I ask myself "why me?".
I hate that I have to take medicine every day, morning and night.
I am never happy to get my blood drawn once a month for the rest of my life.


Why not me?

We were sent here to face trials.
Trials make us stronger.
Physically and Spiritually.

God is good.
Prayer is good.
Scripture is good.
Family is good.
My life..... is good.






8 comments:

Sammy said...

you are so optimistic! seriously you amaze me, that poem makes me cry everytime i read it. so amazing.

Michelle said...

What a great post, thank you! I think we all have a tendency to ask "why me" and it's so hard to realize that we chose this and that no matter what, life IS good.

haley said...

My HERO! love you kelsie! FYI your pinky is tiny!! LOL

Stephanie said...

love you kelwray. you know i've got your back if you need another kidney, or i guess i should say, you know i've got your kidney if you need another one, ha ha.

your a strong pickle thats for sure.

April said...

Kels, you have turned into an absolutely beautiful and amazing (and might i say funny) Young women. seriously love you. When I was so sick with Harry and then had him early and then got really sick afterwards I used to say, "why me" but then it does turn into why not me. I am so glad you are doing good. Love you! Thanks for those words its good to hear every now and then.

Care said...

Thank you for this post Kels! You are amazing! I love you!

kaylie marie said...

I am just crying right now! Ohh man! I love you sooooo much, Doodle! I hope you know that it is incredible to see you strong still and so happy. It's such a great example to me and everyone else. I love love you. I just wanna give you a big hug right now.

:)

P.s: You're beautiful.

Lauren said...

Wow that was a awesome post!! Your so amazing glad your my cousin!!